The latest version of Akeeba backup core, while writing this review is 3.4.0, it is compatible with Joomla 1.5, Joomla 1.7 and Joomla 2.5
Valuable FeaturesThese are the most important features from my point of view:
- Multiple backup/archive formats: JPA and ZIP
- One click backup: files, database and restoration script.
- Automatic configuration: Use the configuration wizard and let it do everything.
- Automatic backups: This can be done by configuring the Akeeba Backup Lazy Scheduling system plugin.
- Multiple backup profiles: its very flexible feature that is configured only once and used repeatedly.
- Files/Database Exclusion: determine exactly which files/directories or tables you don't want to include in the backup.
You can find the complete features by visiting this comparison page...
Pros and ConsPros: It is a life saver extension, a must for wide range of users, whether you are a beginner or a guru, you will find it an excellent tool to help in the management of your website.
Cons: Some of the advanced features are not for free, but the free version is sufficient in most cases, you can say that this extension has no cons.
Why to use this extension?ِAkeeba backup core can be used by web masters to automatically backup Joomla website, or to easily transfer the website to another server without any headache.
Developers also are using this extension to move their work from local computers to the production server.
This extension worth trying, if you have not already tried it, go to the Akeeba backup core download page and give it a try and let me know your comments in the comments section below...