Menu Meta overrides Plugin generated meta data

• webloesung
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 years 3 days ago #1479 by webloesung
Hello,
after having your plugin installed i was very happy to see that this is really working! :)
my new items got specific tags generated on the fly without any data input from the end-users needed! super feature :)

however, after targeting seo activities (for example to provide every menu item (for example K2 category) with meta description in order to get good seo on the site) -> all benefits of using your plugin are gone: every k2 item showed on the site gets meta data from the category menu meta...
how to deal with it? leave category view with menu meta and every category item with meta from your plugin?

Thank you very much in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 days ago #1480 by Mohamed Abdelaziz
Replied by Mohamed Abdelaziz on topic Menu Meta overrides Plugin generated meta data
Hello,

I'm very happy that you liked AutoMeta for K2

I think menu meta overrides any other meta data of any level, so it is not a good choice in this case.

Let me think of a solution for this case, I will update this thread when finishing it.

More
4 years 10 months ago #1518 by TBP
Similar to webloesung, I'm wondering if there's a way to override the menu description metatag. I love the plugin as it is, but this would really help give full control over the metadata. I realise it may not be possible, but if it is...

Thanks in advance